Mar 9, 2013

My Little Trooper

This is Mikkey, pronounced Mickey. He is one of my dogs out of two. He may look like a cute and cuddly little guy which he is at times, but there is a story behind him. My family and I only got him about a year ago and he is 4 years old.
Mikkey used to live with two elderly people but that life was taken away from him. His old woman who loved him very much past away one night in her bed with Mikkey by her side. The ambulance arrived and the paramedics came storming into the bedroom and took her away. This scared little Mik so much that he is now afraid of people coming onto beds when he is on them, afraid that the same scene will happen all over again.
A few months later the old man he lived with became diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. He became very rough with Mikkey and it is believed that his ribs were broken from this man. The old man then became too sick and sent to a nursing home.
Mikkey had nowhere to go and was sent to the animal shelter with his brother Buddy, the pug. Buddy also lived in the same home with the elderly couple but was not as attached as Mik was to the mother.
The 2 dogs sat in the shelter alone for 2 weeks. Finally my family and I came and adopted Mikkey. He has improved greatly since we first brought him home. He still gets mad at me but that is only because I tease my other dog Kippy.
Mikkey is very happy with his new home, and Buddy was adopted by another family and is also doing well.
This is why I call Mik my little trooper, because he's gone through some strange heartache for a little dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment