Jan 8, 2013

Glum dog- California

California 2010 was a really good point in my life.
My aunt lived in Fresno and was finally getting married. (Marrying an American)
There are so many memories that go a long with this picture, travelling along the coast looking at all the big houses where the rich people live, walking along the beach even though the water was freezing, watching surfers ride the huge waves, talking with the hippies in Santa Cruz and getting yelled at by my mother for doing so, the wedding in Fresno with all my family, Going to San Francisco and shopping in Chinatown, eating clam chowder in Monterrey, going in some very interesting shops, meeting some crazy people and a sandy-blonde dog with curly fur that was running into all the stores in a Monterrey strip and had to be tied up to a garbage bin.
Poor guy looked so unimpressed when his owner finally caught him and stuck him with the garbage bin. But something about that dog made me laugh. Maybe the fact that he ran from the ocean soaking wet and covered in sand into shops and leaving a huge mess behind him. But he had a high for a while, and that's how I felt in California.
An exciting/happy/free type of high that I never really had when I was back in Canada.
Anyways the point is California gave me some really great memories and not just the ones you have when you're with family and friends but memories that only I can really care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment